Top 10 Symptoms of Catatonic Schizophrenia
Top 10 Symptoms of Catatonic Schizophrenia,Catatonics can persist or continue with Catatonic Schizophrenia for some days or even longer weeks if not provided with proper or required treatment.
With Catatonic Schizophrenia, a person becomes rigid, unresponsive or asleep to the daily life and doesn’t move or respond or follow the instructions. On the other hand, catatonics also show or demonstrate excessive or motor energy and power to accomplish something. In simple words, it can be explained as extremes of powers and energy required, either too high or too low.
Symptoms of Catatonic Schizophrenia:
Catatonic Schizophrenia is diagnosed with the presence of at least 3 symptoms from the following.
- Blankness: Getting blank or unresponsive with the general environment
- Partial Unconscious: Getting half or unresponsive with a loss of sensation and consciousness accompanied by rigidity of the body.
- Static Postures: In this condition, person becomes too rigid with the movement like if his/ her hand or foot is positioned in one direction, he/ she will maintain this position until it is moved again.
- Keeping Mute: The person will be limited to any verbal communications and will provide with very limited responses.
- Emptiness: There will be nothingness or emptiness in the person and there will be very little or no response to the instructions.
- Fixed Posture: The person shall maintain any posture which is against the gravity.
- Erratic Behaviour: Odd and exaggerated actions carried out.
- Repetitive Movements : Making repetitive movements without any useful or apparent reasons.
- Anxiety: There will be anxiety, nervousness, excitement, worry or tension without any reason.
- Making Faces: Making faces of frowning, sneering, scowling or pouting without any point.
- Mimicking or copying another person’s speech.
- Mimicking or copying another person’s movements.
Causes of Catatonic Schizophrenia:
The causes for Catatonic Schizophrenia or any other sort of Schizophrenia is yet not properly disclosed or declared as it’s all the dysfunctions of the brain which controls the whole body of a human being. Brain can never be accurately diagnosed with if a person is showing with any of the symptoms of any mental disorder or Schizophrenia.
Mainly, it is the imbalance between the various chemicals present in the brain which causes a person to be imbalanced with his life including his speech, movements, thinking, sensations, responsiveness and thus getting diagnosed with Schizophrenia, depending on the frequency of imbalances.